Welcome to the Music Department!
The mission of the Sachem East Music Department is to promote excellence in music by creating meaningful cultural experiences through performance, understanding, and appreciation of the art of music, while encouraging personal enrichment of the student's mind and spirit in a supportive and challenging environment.
1. To encourage our music students to achieve personal excellence through the Sachem East Mission Statement Principles of respect, recognition, responsibility, opportunity, belonging, and security.
2. To provide our students opportunities for cultural and aesthetic experiences through active participation in music which will enhance their understanding and appreciation of music.
3. To cultivate musical literacy while developing intuition, reasoning, imagination, dexterity, and stimulating natural creativity.
4. To increase musical expression and communication while developing an understanding within students of the value and inspiration that music provides in supporting cultural and societal unity.
5. To enhance the social skills of collaboration and unity by working on a team while respecting the different ways others think, work, and express themselves.
6. To understand how to make decisions in situations of a more subjective nature.
7. To develop the students' attitudes, characteristics, and intellectual skills required to participate effectively in today's society and economy by developing self-discipline, self-esteem, thinking skills, creativity, teamwork, and cooperation.
Department Chair: Mr. D. Jaklitsch
Telephone: (631) 716-8200 ext.1125/1124
For classroom websites, please visit our Teacher Website directory on the Sachem East homepage.