skip to main content

Samoset Middle School

Questions & Answers

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’S)

How do I make an appointment with my guidance counselor?

  • Guidance Pass Request forms are available in the Guidance & Counseling Center. Students should stop by the office between classes to fill out a request form. Guidance Counselors will then make an appointment to meet with students as soon as possible. You will receive your pass back in homeroom indicating the date and time/period of your appointment. A counselor contact request form is also on the Samoset guidance suite google classroom.
What would I make an appointment with my Guidance Counselor?

  • Students can make an appointment to see their guidance counselor for many different reasons. Reasons may include problems or difficulties with other students, teachers or families, questions about academics and school related activities (peer tutoring, sports, clubs, etc.), or any other concerns that they would like to discuss with somebody.
Where do I get my working papers?
  • Working papers are available to students the day after they turn 14 years old. Students may pick up the application in the Guidance & Counseling Center. Section 1 must be completed by the student’s parent/guardian. The student must then have the School Nurse complete the medical section of the application. When all sections are complete, the working papers should be returned to the guidance secretary. A working card will then be issued to the student. Please keep in mind that working cards can take up to two days to be completed.


• How do I access the student portal?

Students! Create Your Own eSchool Account.

USERNAME: Students should use the same username used to log into Sachem computer
                       *This cannot be changed. 

PASSWORD: Use student ID with leading zeros (MUST BE DIGITS)
                       *Students will be prompted to change password upon 1st login

Example: John Smith:  (ID:000012345)
                   Username:   jsmith
                     Password:   000012345 

Student Portal (click to enter)

If you do not know your username and password or get locked out of your account, please speak with your counselor.


Technical Support can also be reached at


*The last day of each Marking Period is as follows:

  • 1st Quarter: November 8th, 2023
  • 2nd Quarter: January 26th, 2024
  • 3rd Quarter: April 11th, 2024
  • 4th Quarter: June 12th, 2024

How do I get one of my classes changed?

The question that Guidance Counselors are asked most often by students and parents/guardians pertains to schedule changes. General guidelines for schedule changes are as follows:
  • Changes from regular classes to honors level classes require recommendation/approval of the teacher, counselor, department chairperson and principal.
  • To add Band, Chorus or Orchestra to a schedule, students need permission of the respective teacher and/or an audition. This can only be done during the first 2 weeks of the school year.
  • To drop Band, Chorus or Orchestra from a schedule, students are required to submit a letter of permission from their parent/guardian. We also suggest that students discuss this choice to drop a performing music class with their respective teacher.
  • Lunch Period changes cannot be accommodated unless there is a medical reason for such a change. Lunch period changes are only changed with a note from a medical doctor, which indicates a medical diagnosis (example – diabetes).
  • Teacher changes require the approval of the School Principal. Except in cases of mitigating circumstances, these requests are generally not approved.