Personnel Office and Human Resources
Personnel Student Teacher, Observer, and Intern Requests
**WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING REQUESTS FOR SPRING 2023**
Thank you for your interest in Sachem! We look forward to assisting you in your pathway to becoming a future educator. All placements must be vetted through the personnel office. The process for requesting student teacher, observer and/or internship requests is below:
- Please complete the required online District application and upload the required documentation (college placement request letter and resume) via the link below:
- Please verify that your name and related contact information is on the list provided to the district from your college placement office indicating that you are requesting a placement for student teaching/observation/intern hours.
Student teachers, observers and interns will be contacted by the personnel office if we have a potential placement. Provided the district can secure a placement, the student will be required to complete paperwork through the personnel office, attend a mandatory orientation and be fingerprint cleared prior to the start of the placement.
The deadline to submit requests for placements is as follows:
The deadline for accepting student teacher applications: December 5, 2022
The deadline for accepting student observation requests: February 3, 2023
Our mandatory student teacher, observer and internship orientations will be held via zoom. All students are required to participate in one of the following sessions below:
- Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 9:30 am
- Monday, January 23, 2023 at 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023 at 10:00 am
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 11 am